Sunday, November 14, 2010

As The Sun Rises over the Roller Coaster Road



10x20 Oil on Artist Panel
This Painting is available for purchase thru Crossings at Carnegie Gallery,

It's been several days since my last post, a busy week of home painting projects trying to stay ahead of the cold weather heading our way. Nice to be back in my studio holding canvas brushes once again. I confess to having painted this a while ago but decided to include it here simply because it is one of my favorite memory paintings. The enchanting colors of sunrise on my morning walk, caught me without a camera or sketch book. I couldn't wait to get home, grab my brushes and splash the colors onto canvas After Laying down a few color strokes in key areas, the patterns of the corn fields and shapes of the tree lines against the soft blue horizon line and yellow sky fell into place quickly. I wanted to catch the energy of the of earth as she awakens from a dark sleep to the dancing light on the bright horizon line.

No comments:

Post a Comment