Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"Hachiya Persimmons"

"Hachiya Persimmons"
8 x 10 in
Oil on Canvas Panel
These are I believe close relatives of the fuyu persimmons, I was very delighted to paint them when I saw how close they resembled each other.  The yellows and oranges are richly embedded in the skin giving it certain characteristic that is challenging and interesting to paint.  
Again I apologize for not being so consistent with my alla prima paintings, I'm in the middle of commissions and getting ready for a show.  I guess you can imagine how hectic things are becoming, which I prefer to be crazy busy and hectic than not be.  I don't like it when I neglect on my alla prima paintings, they've become a ritual where I have to do it in order to improve and warm up my technique.  It's a good ritual to have!   

Check out my blog for the making of this painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment