Monday, December 6, 2010

"Leaf & Tangerine"

"Leaf & Tangerine"
7 x 5 in
Oil on Canvas Panel
Hi everyone, well this is the third and final painting of the tangerine series.  I've been wanting to paint these tangerines with their leaves for a while and glad I was able to do so.  With this painting I tried something different from my usual approach to rendering.  I wanted to make the painting be more alive rather than seem to polished.  I really liked playing with the looseness of the paints, to capture the lights and sculpt them to a quality I haven't done so in a while was entertaining and challenging.  I'm not saying this painting is completely loose, but it has different characteristic than I usually go for with my technique.  As stated in my other posts I really like trying new approaches with my technique, this allows me to find new avenues I never thought of and ones I hope not to go back too.  As long as ones constantly pushing themselves to reach that next level, there will always be new discoveries along the way.

Click here to see the making of this painting on my blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment