Tuesday, December 21, 2010

"Leaning Pears" by Jonathan Aller

"Leaning Pears"
8 x 10 in
Oil on Canvas Panel
This is another painting of pears I've done, again experimenting with my technique to see how much I can push myself.  It was a lot of fun creating the textures on these pears and playing with smooth and rough textures.  It really teaches you a lot how to render in different levels.  I also love the play of red and green in this painting, of course coinciding with this holiday season.  It's interesting playing with these two colors since they are compliments.  I've noticed the green pear reflects the color from the red pear but the red pear absorbs the color of the green pear.   Really interesting to say the least. 

Click here to see the making of this painting on my blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment