Thursday, January 13, 2011

"Dipped Strawberries" by Jonathan Aller

"Dipped Strawberries"
7 x 5 in
Oil on Canvas Panel
Hi everyone, I've been really busy again and glad I was able to paint this delicious cheesecake.  I love how the dripped strawberries wrap around the cake, it looks alive.  I also wanted to capture the glimmer part of the strawberries, it's smooth, beautiful and delicious.  With this painting I wanted to show how important the co relation of drawing and painting is.  It's vital for a painter to know how to draw and the dynamics of being a good draftsmen, in order to become a great painter.  There's so much similarities between the two that we overlook at time, its right in front of us we just have to learn how to see it.

Click here to see the making of this painting:

No comments:

Post a Comment