Monday, March 21, 2011

"Cabbage & Brussel Sprouts" by Jonathan Aller

"Cauliflower & Brussel Sprouts"
8 x 10 in
Oil on Canvas Panel
This cabbage and brussel sprouts stood out to me when I was at the grocery store, their unique shapes and soft colors attracted me too them.  Cauliflower in itself has so many intricate shapes to them, trying to paint it was more than a challenge.  I really do love the soft and subtle colors the brussel sprouts show on their skin, I believe these two subjects go well together for this painting.  Another aspect to this painting I was trying to tackle was emphasizing on modeling the lights.  Concentrating on bigger and smaller form modeling is a great way to capture the essence of light wrapping around the form.


You can see the making of this painting on my blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment