Sunday, April 3, 2011

"Balancing Act" by Jonathan Aller

"Balancing Act"
6 x 6 in
Oil on Canvas Panel
This is the third installment of the baby eggplants and I wanted to get really creative with the pose, this balancing act kind of reminds me of a cirque du soleil pose.  I love going to go see their shows the way they incorporate color, music, and amazing performances by their performers is just out of this world.  Truthfully I wasn't thinking of them when creating this composition, I just wanted to have a creative painting and a unique balancing act.  I don't think I can ever get tired painting these guys, but I do think three is the magic number and it's a good time to paint something else after this one. 

You can see the making of this painting on my blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment