Friday, May 27, 2011

"Bagged Cherries" by Jonathan Aller

"Bagged Cherries"
10 x 8 in
Oil on Canvas Panel
This painting was so much fun to do, its completely different than what I would do.  Painting a clear bag is something that seems to intimidating to paint, it's so complex in many ways.  I decided to just go at it with this painting and see what I can do and push myself out of my comfort zone.  Painting these cherries where so much fun, with this painting I was really able to show more of the beautiful colors these rainier cherries have.  I have to say that was the funnest part of the painting, painting so many cherries at once was a bit much to do but a lot of fun and glad I did so.  Not to say the other areas weren't fun, its just the cherries are in their own level.

See the making of this painting on my blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment