Thursday, July 21, 2011

"Black Plums" by Jonathan Aller

"Black Plums"
8 x 10 in
Oil on Canvas Panel
Plums have such a rich deep colors to them, what I especially love is the way light softens and wraps around them.  The marble I believe also adds a nice element to the subtle colors of the plums.  The more I paint marble the more I understand its textures and how to paint them.  These two components have different textures to them one being smooth and the other being rough, painting these two elements in one painting is a good way in learning how to manipulate the paints.  
I wanted to remind everyone again that I will be giving a live demo at the Uptown Art Fair, it'll be on August 5 from 1-5 p.m.  It'll be great to see you guys there!  I will also be teaching a still life and figure drawing workshops at the Bloomington Art Center, if anyone's interested you can now sign up for the classes.  Click here to see sign up!

Click here to see the making of this painting on my blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment