Thursday, July 14, 2011

"Grapes & Marble" by Jonathan Aller

"Grapes & Marble"
8 x 10 in
Oil on Canvas Panel
I first want to apologize for not posting on a regular basis to the hardcore daily painters, i've been beyond busy from vacation and trying to get back on schedule.  It felt good today to get back into the routine of doing an alla prima it's been to long and well needed, that's one of the reasons I don't like going on vacation for a long period of time it gets me out of my rhythm with painting.  I must say this painting was  bit daunting to do in one session especially for not painting for a while.  These green grapes are delicious to paint they have such beautiful deep yellow green colors, when contrasted with the marble it shines on its own.  The marble is a whole painting in its self its textures are fun to paint, going really thick in impasto for the highlights where to much fun.  I have to say painting flowers for such a long time has prepared me for anything when it comes to textures, although marble did throw a curve ball to the mix.
I also wanted let everyone know if you'r in Minneapolis on August 5 you should stop by at the Uptown Art Fair.  I will be doing a still life demo from 1-5 p.m. I'll be at the corner of Lake and Hennepin, hope to see you guys there!

You can see the making of this painting on my blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment