Saturday, September 10, 2011

"Mini Heirloom" by Jonathan Aller

"Mini Heirloom"
6 x 6 in
Oil on Canvas Panel
We were at the store today getting ingredients for a baby shower my girlfriend is throwing, she's cooking a whole lots of cupcakes and I'm gonna try to steal some before she takes them.  While we were at the store I saw this adorable little heirloom tomato and automatically wanted to paint it.  I was gonna paint in my kitchen and do the natural light method again but she's cooking away all day with her sister.  Instead I decided to paint in our room where the natural light is not to bad.  I really do enjoy painting in natural light, there's so much more colors and subtle tones that one can't get through pictures.  

You can see the making of this painting on my blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment