Thursday, October 6, 2011

"Crab Apples III" by Jonathan Aller

"Crab Apples III"
8 x 10 in 
Oil on Canvas Panel
This is the last of the series of crab apples, I really enjoyed painting them and their textures.  They really force you to slow down and observe what you'r painting.   At times I know I go to fast and miss certain information that will improve the painting, with this series of paintings that was not the case.  I was really happy to also re-visit small and big form modeling.  It's essential for any artist to understand that concept of turning the form with light, to grasp the idea of how to turn the form and make it dimensional.  I'm glad I painted these guys and look forward to painting them again in the future.

You can see the making of this painting on my blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment