Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"Heirloom Tomato" by Jonathan Aller

Click here to bid
"Heirloom Tomato"
6 x 6 in
Oil on Canvas Panel
It's good to be back in front of the easel after a long vacation, don't get me wrong I love vacationing but I don't like not being able to paint for that much of time.  I was at the grocery store today walking around seeing what can inspire me for todays alla prima, and I ran into a great looking heirloom tomato.  The shape of this heirloom is so unique, it resembles a balloon when it's being twisted.  One of the things I love painting the most is when the object does not look like what its suppose to be, its great trying to decipher it.  It feels great being back and painting hardcore again!
I wanted to share with you guys an article about me and the classes I'll be teaching at the Bloomington Art Center this winter, click here to view the article.  If you're interested in attending the classes just click here to find out more information.  I'll be teaching still life painting and figure drawing, should be a fun time overall I hope to see you guys there.

You can see the making of this painting on my blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment