Thursday, October 20, 2011

"Seckel Pears" by Jonathan Aller

"Seckel Pears"
6 x 6 in
Oil on Canvas Panel
I saw these pears this morning at the grocery store and what really caught my attention is that they look like mini pears, they are literally half the size of regular pears.  Of course anything that seems out of the norm catches my attention and I have to paint it.  What also grabbed my attention with these guys are their textures, I wanted to examine them further with the paints.  I'm in this stage now that I want to push my handling in textures, I want to make the paint seem as its alive rather than over blended and dull.  That's the wondrous part of painting is that you can never be content, as for me I always try to push myself to get better and that's the beauty of these alla prima's.

You can see the making of this painting on my blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment