Wednesday, November 23, 2011

"Follow the Leader" by Jonathan Aller

"Follow the Leader"
8 x 10 in 
Oil on Canvas Panel
I wanted to continue painting these beautiful raspberries for another session, I really like the intense colors within the raspberries and their textures.  This time I wanted to incorporate the blue and red cloths I've painted in previous paintings, as they're challenging every time I paint them I was looking forward to them.  It's funny how each of these alla prima's I'm always finding out different ways to approach certain areas, there's some consistency in the approach but the execution can vary from one texture to the other.  That's the beauty of these little guys just when you think you've figure it out a new painting comes along and throws you in a twist.  I also want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and wish everyone the very best with their family and loved ones.  I'm excited to eat so much and not be able to move afterwards, nothing beats being with the family and eating to a point where you can't think straight.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

You can see the making of this painting on my blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment