Thursday, January 12, 2012

At The Edge of the Woods by Mn artist Joni Finnegan


About this Painting:
8x10 Oil on Artist prepared panel
Winter Landscape "At the Edge of the Woods $125.

to purchase contact the artist
finnridge@hotmail.com

An unusual year for Minnesota when I can stand out side on the 10th of January and paint with out freezing my fingers!
The light of a balmy Minnesota winter day was already begin to turn a lovely coral rose with the sun lowering in the sky.I saw a magic little vista featuring a clump of trees at the edge of the deep woods light up, quickly grabbed my paints and brushes and painted from the west patio of our home. I feel pretty fortunate to have views like this right from my home, Today that same area is a blur of white and grey blowing snow.. this is minnesota after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment