Monday, January 30, 2012

"Blood Oranges" by Jonathan Aller

"Blood Oranges"
6 x 8 in 
Oil on Canvas Panel
I have not painted blood oranges in a while and wanted to challenge myself by painting there subtle and hard textures.  I also was looking forward into painting the reds within the oranges, I think those two combination work well together.  My approach to this painting is different than what I've been doing lately, it's more of the way I painted when I first started doing these alla prima's.  It was nice to change it up and go back to my old approach, I still think it's great to paint in this way it allows you to concentrate in one section and take it to a finish before moving onto the next.  It's easy to just jump around and work on other areas which will just keep you going in circles, this approach allows you to just paint a certain section and not move until its complete.  Time to keep experimenting with my old and new technique, see what I can get from the two once their meshed together.  

You can see the making of this painting on my blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment