Saturday, January 7, 2012

"Buddha's Hand Citron"

"Buddha's Hand Citron"
8 x 10 in
Oil on Canvas Panel
This is my first painting of 2012 and what a way to start the new year with a freaky looking one, you guys know me and painting weird looking fruits.  I was at the grocery store today and could not believe this was actually a fruit, I quickly picked the best one and hurried home to paint it.  It's so unique looking  seems as if its alive, amazing what mother nature can make just when you think you seen it all.  The textures on the citron were amazing to paint, love the smooth and rough textures it has.  Aside from painting it there was a piece of paper that came along with it when I bought it, gives information of where it comes from and how to cook it.  Interesting to know that they are only available from October to January, and mainly used for making jams and liqueurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment