Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"Three Strawberries" by Jonathan Aller

"Three Strawberries"
6 x 6 in
Oil on Canvas Panel
The weather here in Minneapolis is crazy today it hit 50 degrees, I cannot believe that its fifty degrees in the middle of January it's usually five below at this time of year.  It's pretty hard to stay indoors and paint when it's so nice outside but I must paint and get back to the easel vacation time is over.  I haven't painted strawberries in a while I miss painting their unique textures and beautiful colors.  I wanted to arrange them with this silver serving cup, I've used this cup in several of my paintings and like the reflections it creates.  It was fun arranging this composition and getting back to the grind of making these alla prima's.

See the making of this painting on my blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment