Friday, July 13, 2012

"The Elephant Watches" by Terry Honstead






I thought I would post this painting so far.  I am not done yet, but you can see the succession of layers that I did in these.   I only used antwerp blue, permanent rose, quinacridone gold, and cad yellow light to do the whole painting.   I already had several layers done by the first picture.  I drew my picture on and then masked off part of it to stay white.  Then I poured paint on it and let the paint run and mix.  I let this dry and then added another layer of masking.  Then I poured again.  I would say that I had about eight layers before I took all of the masking off.  When I did that, more paint than I had expected came off with it so I had to darken some areas of it again.  The two sides that show the background were too dark so I lightened those area up again.  I still have more to do on this to darken the neck area and possibly try to darken the decorative part under his chin.  I will see.  I hope to finish this soon a it is a lot more work than I thought it would be.  However, I am having a lot of fun with it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment