Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Dawning of a New Day Watercolor Landscape by Minnesota Mixed Media artist Terry Honstead


I thought I should post this one more time before I finish it since I had one posted already!  I am still having some trouble with the taking of a lighter picture, but I guess it will be good enough for a work in progress!  I do have a name now and I am happy with it.  The snowshoes will not stay the color that they are right now.  It is just an undercoat. I am hoping that this turns out ok because I plan on putting it in the Artists of Minnesota Spring Show which is held toward the end of April.  It is in St. Cloud this year, and I am looking forward to it.  Since I am president, I will be there and am really looking forward to it!  I still have close to a month before I have to have this done.  If I keep working on it every day, it should be done by then!  Hopefully, I won't mess up because this is it!!  I have already had some problems on the lacing of the snowshoes.  It is just confusing to try to draw what I see, even though I do know what I need to do, it is easy to get messed up!  I am also not very happy with the gold in the snow, but it is pretty hard to get rid of even though it is a transparent color.

No comments:

Post a Comment