Thursday, June 6, 2013

Encaustic #2 and #3 abstract paintings by Minnesota Mixed Media artist Terry Honstead


I finished another encaustic painting today.  Actually two of them!  These were lots of fun to do.  I did them each a little different than the other, but still made them so they could be used together.  I have an opening to an art show tomorrow from 5:00 - 7:00 and I may take them with me and just set them out somewhere.  I think they really need to set for a while to harden more.  This painting has eyelets in and I used oil sticks in both of them as well as metallic foil.  the first painting is 5 x 5 and the second one is 6 x 12 although it looks smaller on this page.  You can see more of my work on terry-honstead.artistwebsites.com or email me athonstead@paulbunyan.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment