Saturday, September 18, 2010

"The Duel"

"The Duel"
8 x 10 in
Oil on Canvas Panel
This pear painting was to much fun to not do, I love the clash of these two fruits with the composition, the reds and yellows.  They say so much with so little, now the question is who won?  I must say I'm getting little with drawls from not painting desserts and delicious pastries.  I went to the bakery isle and could not find anything, its okay though as stated before my waist size was expanding.  I think its safe to paint more fruits rather than delicious desserts and pastries.
I also wanted everyone to know that my girlfriend's recovery from the surgery is going better than expected, she felt some pain on the fourth day and was scared something was wrong.  After going back to the dentist to have the check up he said everything was healing perfect and the pain she was feeling was normal for the time period after the surgery.  Thank you everyone for your kind words I really appreciate it.
I also wanted to thank everyone who signed up for my first online lesson.  There is still time to sign up just email me if your interested or leave a comment and I will put you on the list.  I will be offering online courses on how to paint these alla prima studies in one session.  We will go step by step in each lesson and make sure you understand my process on each level.  I will offer a critique through out the whole process till the end result.  There is a discounted price since this is my first lesson I will be offering online, it will be $50 for the first lesson.  The first lesson entails of the whole process of the painting, my video demo that I will send to each student explaining my process in thorough, critiques through out the painting, and one on one help at any time to help the student via email.  I'm really excited to offer this course to everyone and develop it further, thanks again

Check out the process of this painting on my blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment