Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sunlight Glow Across the Meadow


Media: Oil on Artist Panel
Size: 9x12
Price: $250
How to Purchase, contact me directly finnridge@hotmail.com or thru my website

The lovely Autumn colors of the trees across the wild grassy meadow seem warm and inviting, a simple delusion because it was cold and windy the day I stood outdoors and did a quick plein air sketch. Mittens, stocking hat and two coats to keep me going. It was misting when I began, the clouds quickly cleared and a warm light emerged across the meadow, causing me to quickly finish up enough markings on the dreary misty painting, make quick notes of the new lights, photograph and move on. This painting is a studio piece , I discarded the the plein air sketch after using it as a reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment