Friday, June 24, 2011

"Ranunculus" by Jonathan Aller

"Ranunculus"
10 x 8 in
Oil on Canvas Panel
Todays alla prima painting is of ranunculus, these beautiful flowers resemble peonies to me even though I know there not.  I went to my favorite coffee place in town and met up with a couple friends which I'm glad I did because I ran into these beautiful flowers.  They were sitting right on my table and instantaneously I fell in love, the movement within the petals and rich colors made it more of a reason to paint.  I thought I was going to be done with painting flowers for a while and suddenly changed course again after seeing these beautiful flowers.  That's one of the reasons why I love doing these alla prima's, you never know what your next painting might be and if you do it can change in a split second.  Inspiration comes from everything I see and what moves me is what I enjoy painting the most, I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did.
I also wanted to let you guys know that I've finally published the video of the portrait demo I did at dick blick last Saturday, I have the video on youtube you can see it by clicking here.  

You can see the making of this painting at my blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment