Friday, October 28, 2011

"Propped Squash" by Jonathan Aller

"Propped Squash"
8 x 10 in
Oil on Canvas Panel
Well I'm glad this week is over, I'm extremely exhausted and can't wait to kick back and relax, in reality I'm going to be stretching canvases and painting which is relaxing as well.  I wanted to continue todays alla prima painting from yesterdays whimsical approach, I liked the dynamic of these two objects and how they can tell a story.  I'm happy to have painted these guys so much, I just love painting texture and seeing how I can better my technique with intricate areas.  Each of these objects have their unique textures to them you can't just apply the same approach to each of them.  I'm ready to move onto another subject matter it was fun though painting these two guys, hopefully I'll paint them again soon.

You can see the making of this painting on my blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment