Monday, March 26, 2012

"Mixed Tomatoes II" by Jonathan Aller

"Mixed Tomatoes II"
8 x 10 in 
Oil on Canvas Panel
I wanted to continue the play on colors with these delicious tomatoes, I especially wanted to have an array of colors with an interesting composition.  The textures in their skin is extremely subtle along with their color shifts.  I felt for the most part I was painting mini balloons, never painted balloons before and now have an idea on how to do so.  With this painting I wanted to revisit big form modeling and implore that idea further.  I've stressed in previous posts about the importance of big form modeling and with this posting I'll do the same.  Playing with so many elements at once is challenging but delightful after seeing its completion from start to finish.

You can see the making of this painting on my blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment