Monday, July 30, 2012

On the Sunny Side - Minnesota River Arts Plein Air

On The Sunny Side
9 x 12 Oil
©2012 Deb Kirkeeide

Saturday was the culmination of the plein air event at the first annual Minnesota River Arts Fair. This painting is one of two that I entered into the culminating show and competition. It was a brutal
week with the weather being horrendously hot and there were some dedicated painters out there
every day. I admit it, I'm a wimp when it comes to hot weather but I managed to get in 2.25 days during the week. This was painted at the end of the first day. 

The event was held at The Landing – Minnesota River Heritage Park, in Shakopee, MN. This 88-acre living history museum depicts life in the Lower Minnesota River Valley from the 1840s–1890s with authentic 19th-century buildings, demonstrations and a scenic river trail and overlook. It was my first time visiting the park - and I only live 15 miles away! Funny how you never get out to 'site-see' in your own area!

More paintings coming up!

"On The Sunny Side"
$350.00 Purchase Here

Please visit my blog or website for more paintings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment